Experience of working in the field has taught Sabre that only the toughest and most reliable equipment should be used. The equipment Sabre offers has continued to function in extremes of climate from arctic snow and offshore wind and rain to desert sand storms and humid tropical jungle. Sabre believes that it provides the best, most up-to-date and well-maintained equipment on the market. Keeping abreast of new developments in breathing air and gas detection and operating a policy of continual improvement in its rental fleet is of the utmost importance to Sabre.
A Breathing Apparatus (BA) is an item of safety equipment which allows the wearer to work safely in an IDLH atmosphere by providing air to a sealed mask from a stored container or cylinder. The cylinder can either be carried by the user or stored at a remote location with the air being supplied via an airline. A BA typically has three main components: a high-pressure tank (e.g. 200bar to 300bar), a pressure regulator and an inhalation connection (mouthpiece, mouth mask or face mask) connected and mounted to a carrying frame. The Advanced Carrying System (ACS), has been developed after considerable research and investment. The new ACS is set to become an industry standard carrier for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) in the marine, industrial and fire markets.
Sabre Safety offers various products and accessories relating to breathing apparatus. The products currently on offer are as follows:
- Escape supplied air including the ELSA Dash, ELSA Muster, ELSA Sprint and Sabre ELSA.
- Airline supplied air such as the Air Filter Unit (AFU), Modulair and the Sabre Flite.
- Supplied air accessories for your breathing apparatus including storage cabinets and carrying cases.
- SCBA supplied air including Advance Carrying System (ACS), Cenpaq, ProPak, Sabre Contour and Sabre Sigma 2.
Breathing Air Cascade System
Cascade systems are deployed to ensure personnel at risk from exposure to H2S have available a safe and reliable supply of breathable air. Outlet manifolds and plug-in points are located in critical areas to allow workers who may have to continue essential operations, such as emergency well control, to continue working for an extended period beyond the 30-minutes usually offered when utilising Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA). The use of a cascade system ensures that essential crew have breathable air available during and beyond the expected duration of the operation thus ensuring the safe completion of the work required.
Sabre Safety’s breathing air cascade systems are designed and built by us to the highest possible standards. Their performance parameters exceed all required regulations and manufacturers recommendations both in the duration available and flow-rate. This ensures the highest level of protection available to the workforce in an H2S or other toxic gas environment.
A typical cascade system would be based around the following equipment set:
containerised breathing air cascade system with high pressure air compressor for charging the air bank and SCBA cylinders, 15 x 50Litre cylinder high pressure air storage bank, high performance reducer assembly and control panel feeding multiple point outlet manifold. This equipment set can provide over sixty man-hours of air without re-charging, an essential factor since if there are toxic and/or flammable gasses in the atmosphere the compressor cannot be used.
The supporting air distribution system consists of a series of supply lines which deliver air to the essential areas on the drill site or offshore installation. Outlet manifolds and retractor reels provide plug-in points for the crew to connect instantly to the cascade system in the event of a release of toxic gas and receive a safe supply of breathing air.
Sabre Tempest – Small Footprint Cascade System
Sabre’s unique Typhoon cascade system is built to the same exacting standards as our main cascade units. The small footprint and fully independent design allows for rapid deployment on sites where space is at a premium.
Sabre Typhoon – Trailer mounted Cascade System
Ideal for onshore operations which require breathing air support. Using the same technology as the Sabre Tempest, the wheeled Typhoon cascade system is designed to be brought quickly to the worksite and personnel can be working ‘under air’ within minutes.
A gas detector is a device which detects the presence of various gases within an area, usually as part of a system to warn about gases which might be harmful to humans to your workforce.
Various types are available ranging from a simple portable single gas detector to a full fixed gas detection system covering large areas and incorporating many fixed sensors. Gas detection equipment is categorised into 4 main groups.
H2S gas detection systems and personal gas detectors are designed to provide the earliest possible warning of the presence of H2S thereby allowing the personnel at risk of exposure to take appropriate action such as donning their Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) to escape or to connect to the safe breathable air available from the cascade system.
The methods of gas detection Sabre currently offers are as follows:
- Personal gas detection – Portable gas detection is used to monitor the atmosphere around personnel and is worn on clothing or on a belt/harness. There are many types available from single gas detectors to four or five gas detectors. They are usually battery operated. Personal gas detectors transmit warnings via a series of audible and visible signals such as alarms and flashing lights when dangerous levels of gas vapours are detected.
- Fixed gas detection – Sabre Safety can design and install a fixed or ‘hard–wired’ gas detection system which will meet your requirements for detection of H2S or other toxic or flammable gasses.
- Area gas detection – For a temporary solution for gas detection requirement Sabre can supply rental systems designed for rapid deployment on the rig-site or offshore installation. These battery powered devices provide a high level audible and visual alarm to alert personnel to the presence of gas.
- Wireless gas detection – Wireless technology is now available for ‘zoned’ areas. This can alert control room personnel to any release of gas at a remote location and initiate evacuation plans where necessary.
- Various supporting accessories.
Breathing air compressors can fulfil any requirement from 2.9 to 145 SCFM charging rate with operating pressures up to 6000 psi. Whether your need is for a vertically configured sound attenuated compressor package to a small gasoline powered portable unit, Sabre have a product that will fit your needs. Sabre can provide:
- Atlantic 100
- Bauer Mariner 200-E
- Coltri MCH16D Diesel
- High pressure air compressor
- KAP180 20DA HU compressor
- Low pressure air compressor
- Mariner 320D compressor
- Sabre breathing air compressor
Sabre Safety’s trailer mounted and skid mounted units are suitable for extended operations in any irrespirable atmosphere be it toxic, explosive, or oxygen deficient. The systems are ideally suited for work in oil and gas exploration and production, major refinery and plant shutdown, tank cleaning and refurbishment and utilities such as water, gas, and sewage. This lightweight air mobile system can also be used for emergency response. The trailers offered include:
- Hurricane high pressure delivery breathing air system
- Tempest reduced pressure delivery breathing air system
- Typhoon reduced pressure delivery breathing air system
Whatever your needs, from BA Control Boards to Air Purity Testers, Sabre Safety can supply it. In addition to the standard products offered, Sabre can also provide the following:
- AIR-CARE breathing air purity test kit
- BA control board
- Draeger Accuro sampling pump
- Face fit testing
- Kitagawa gas detector tubes
- Sabre MARS resuscitators
For further information regarding any of the safety equipment Sabre provides, please contact email@example.com.